HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
General Statement of Intent
- 1 It is the Company’s policy that its operations shall be
conducted in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably
practicable, the health, safety and welfare of employees. It is
also the policy of the Company to ensure that its activities will not adversely affect the health and safety of others, including the general public, contractors, etc.
- The Company requires that high standards of safety, health
and welfare shall be achieved and constantly maintained at it’s office and whilst working on, or at other sites.
also feels there is the need to have a strong commitment to the protection of the environment and to minimise waste.
- The Safety Policy will be regularly reviewed and monitored in
order to meet current legal requirements. All new legislation,
Codes of Practice, etc., will be considered as necessary, and all significant changes will be made to the policy to ensure it continues to reflect working practices.
- The Managing Director will bring this Policy and all revisions of it to the attention of all employees.
- The Company will ensure compliance with the requirements of
this Policy by maintaining a thorough monitoring programme.
If the Company feels that any part of the Policy is not
effective, it will take whatever steps are required to rectify the
- All matters concerning health and safety will be implemented only after full consultation with employees. The employees have the right to nominate safety representatives, under the Safety Representatives and Safety Committee Regulations 1977, and request the organisation of a safety committee. The
Company also feels that there is a requirement to consult with
employees under provisions of The Management of Health &
Safety at Work Regulations 1992 and The Construction
(Design and Management) Regulations 1994 and will therefore
encourage full employee participation in all matters relating to
health and safety. Employees will be afforded every
opportunity to discuss health and safety issues with the
- The Company will ensure that all relevant safety and health training will be undertaken as necessary and that all the necessary information required to do a job safely will be
forwarded to the appropriate parties. The Company will ensure that sufficient resources are available to meet all reasonable health and safety requirements.
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Directors have a clear commitment to ensuring that, in both
the provision of the professional services and in the employment of staff, there will be equal opportunity and treatment and no person or groups of persons will be treated less favourably because of their
Alan Elrington BEng CEng MIStructE
Alan Elrington Associates Ltd